General What to buy in the US?

Currently reading:
General What to buy in the US?

Guys, I'm going to the US in a few weeks for a couple of days of shopping. Any ideas of Barchetta stuff that might be worth looking at? So far I've only come up with a Sony Bluetooth car stereo so I can use Spotify in the car :slayer: I guess some speakers could be a bargain as well...

How are you taking it back?
The luggage rules are very tight these days.
10 years ago I toke lot's of car stuff ( for my Pontiac) as carry on luggage with me in the plain.
In July this year we are going to New York and Florida, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to take ( lots) of parts back home anymore....

How are you taking it back?
The luggage rules are very tight these days.
10 years ago I toke lot's of car stuff ( for my Pontiac) as carry on luggage with me in the plain.
In July this year we are going to New York and Florida, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to take ( lots) of parts back home anymore....

I'm allowed to take 2 x 23KG plus 12KG as hand luggage (Flying SAS economy)

OK, we're flying Continental Airlines, and are allowed only one bag+ carry on luggage.....
I'm more worried about customs not allowing you to take ( some) parts into the plain.
F.i. I took a complete A/C compressor, two long gasstruts, lot's of electronics, bottles with special oil etc. etc. with me the last time...guess that's not possible anymore today..!!

Do you know about International Auto Parts in the USA, they are selling many hard to find Fiat parts!

Unfortunately there are no "Barchetta specific" parts available in the US. It was never imported here and I only know of two cars in the entire country.

With current airline, security, and "jobs worth" people involved I think I would be tempted to buy here in the UK on my Mastercard (pay taxes / shipping costs) and if the goods failed to arrive back in the UK claim against Mastercard under the 90 day insurance.

I would of course check that buying from the US was of course competitive with buying elsewhere.

Back