Technical What is this? And where should it be?

Currently reading:
Technical What is this? And where should it be?

DodgieOdgie

Hi everyone, new to this and can’t seem to find anything online so I’m sure you lovely bunch can help me. I’m wanting to know what is this little device thing hanging loose in my passenger footwell, I don’t have a clue what it does but all I know is it gets really hot. Also if you do know what it is can you tell me where it should belong as I know it shouldn’t be just hanging loose.
Cheers guys!

Attachments

• IMG_3637.jpeg
    IMG_3637.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
This is the blower fan resistor pack. It is switched inline to the fan electric supply. Lower fan speed drop more of the voltage over this resistor, what's left runs the fan. This voltage drop creates heat as a way of consuming that electrical energy and can destroy the resistor pack. So it lives inside the cabin air duct, that way the moving air from the fan through the duct helps keep it cool, well not melting.
Look up under the dash for a port hole, the resistor pack slots in and is secured with a screw or two.🤞

This is the blower fan resistor pack. It is switched inline to the fan electric supply. Lower fan speed drop more of the voltage over this resistor, what's left runs the fan. This voltage drop creates heat as a way of consuming that electrical energy and can destroy the resistor pack. So it lives inside the cabin air duct, that way the moving air from the fan through the duct helps keep it cool, well not melting.
Look up under the dash for a port hole, the resistor pack slots in and is secured with a screw or two.🤞
Thank you for your help I’m going to go have a look now 👌🏻👍🏻

Cheers pal I’ve done it 👍🏻 now I can drive safely knowing it’s not gunna burn the carpets or plastic haha

Back