General What did you do with your Panda today?

Currently reading:
General What did you do with your Panda today?

Thanks.
Driving in a lower gear though uses more petrol so the end result would be the same. I might blank off the lower part of the radiator as most of my runs are short.

Just blank off a part of your lower grill, cardboard, black ducktape and ty-rips.
Shape the cardboard, rap it in ducktape, fix it with ty-rips. ;)

Tow bar wiring mostly complete. Pretty simple just plug in the car to the new harness. Tomorrow it's the power feed which might tax my patience... Also the RFL and reverse wires though I am not sure its worth doing these really for what I will be doing, but the OCD do it all properly thing will get me. Then we are off to collect some leave and cut some grass. I suppose we will have to get a number plate too at some time. You can see the cars one so I am not rushing.

Nothing, not much use with autumn/winter weather outside.

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
Treated the wee yellow beastie to a jet wash, before its 27k mile service tomorrow. First time it’s seen any suds since March. Managed to get the top few layers of grime off, at least. :D

Also hoovered (Henry’d, strictly speaking) the inside, and was intrigued to discover that there’s a nifty little storage compartment low down on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. I’d not noticed it before, because I never sit in the passenger seat. It would be really handy for stowing a mobile phone, house keys, Yorkies, etc, if only Fiat could be bothered TO RELOCATE IT TO THE CORRECT SIDE FOR RHD!!! Grrrrrr.

Last edited:
Nothing, not much use with autumn/winter weather outside.

Nice, cheeky little Audi A2 in the background Hans - I always fancied one of those. The 1.6FSI was a great engine and with max 16" wheels was a light, good handling, safe, very technologically advanced car that was way ahead of its time. A future classic I suspect.

Picked my wee yellow beastie up after its service. Clean bill of health all round, and there’s still 3.5mm on the fronts and 5mm on the rears after 27500 miles. Must try harder!

Nice, cheeky little Audi A2 in the background Hans - I always fancied one of those. The 1.6FSI was a great engine and with max 16" wheels was a light, good handling, safe, very technologically advanced car that was way ahead of its time. A future classic I suspect.

One of my all-time favored Audi's the A2, would buy one if i found a more then decent 1.6 FSI.
But most are dated with very high milage and not in the best shape.

One of my all-time favored Audi's the A2, would buy one if i found a more then decent 1.6 FSI.
But most are dated with very high milage and not in the best shape.

Yes nicely made and quite desirable, but they make the ride in a 100HP Panda seem luxurious!

To the menders. Last week I pressed the clutch down to put him away and it stayed down. Subsequent use after kicking the pedal a couple of times showed the clutch did not feel right. Desira Norwich agreed it was working but not as it should be so its a new master cylinder. I hope that will resolve the problem. It seems it is not unheard of in the 500.

Its certainly good NOT to be told nothing wrong they're all like that so thanks again to Desira Service dept. They have a nice grey lounge in the showroom at nearly £2800 off list!

To the menders. Last week I pressed the clutch down to put him away and it stayed down. Subsequent use after kicking the pedal a couple of times showed the clutch did not feel right. Desira Norwich agreed it was working but not as it should be so its a new master cylinder. I hope that will resolve the problem. It seems it is not unheard of in the 500.

Its certainly good NOT to be told nothing wrong they're all like that so thanks again to Desira Service dept. They have a nice grey lounge in the showroom at nearly £2800 off list!

Thanks again to desira Norwich for fixing this issue and agreeing all was not well. New clutch master cylinders has restored the pedal to normal and stopped the crunching of my new gears. Not cheap main agents but this one at least seem to try, and have still a good record of competence that will keep my going back. All I need now is to find out why the trailer buzzer sounds with the trailer unplugger and when the brake is pressed when towing. This with a dedicated wiring kit, so I suspect its either a faulty relay or a miswired harness. For once I can't see it can be me as I followed the instructions to the letter.

Yes nicely made and quite desirable, but they make the ride in a 100HP Panda seem luxurious!

I had the 1.4TDi Audi A2. It went like sh!t off a stick, but a week touring Scotland had my wife suffering severe low back pain due to the 'firm' ride, so it had to go:(
The single wiper on the front caused a friend much amusement when he sat behind me in a traffic queue. With the wiper on intermittent, every time it actuated the whole car rocked from side to side:D
Another downside was the inability to fit a tow bar (not type approved), although I have since seen one fitted to one - not sure how you stand if something goes wrong with that!

Thanks again to desira Norwich for fixing this issue and agreeing all was not well. New clutch master cylinders has restored the pedal to normal and stopped the crunching of my new gears. Not cheap main agents but this one at least seem to try, and have still a good record of competence that will keep my going back. All I need now is to find out why the trailer buzzer sounds with the trailer unplugger and when the brake is pressed when towing. This with a dedicated wiring kit, so I suspect its either a faulty relay or a miswired harness. For once I can't see it can be me as I followed the instructions to the letter.

Well the warning buzzer acts only when there is a fault on this one.... I have two new trailer light fittings to replace the old and a new plug as on close inspection the car was perfect. All credit to just tow fro teh calm polite and professional advice. Another to add to the list of great places to do business with!

Audi could easily have a reborn of a new A2, just a little redesign and go. ;)

Attachments

• Reborn Audi A2 2020.jpg
    Reborn Audi A2 2020.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 25
Back