Technical What are these sensors called? (My vehicle gives gas automatically).

Currently reading:
Technical What are these sensors called? (My vehicle gives gas automatically).

denizari82

My vehicle gives gas automatically. Sometimes while idling and sometimes as soon as I pressed the clutch pedal... I realized that I needed to clean the throttle and oxygen sensor. But I don't recognize any of the sensors mounted on the throttle! I numbered them 1 - 2 - 3, can you please tell me which sensors these are? (I will clean the throttle body with a special cleaning spray that is alcoholic and volatile).

Attachments

• 20240114_153630.jpg
    20240114_153630.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 20240114_153634.jpg
    20240114_153634.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
I'd start with
Inspection of the spark plugs and leads
Condition of the air filter
Condition of the air intake circuit, rock the black plastic inlet

If they are okay unplug the evap blue pipe and retest

Pretty much everything else wil involve reading the data using a scan tool

Don't spay cleaner down the throttle body

Put the cleaner on a cloth and wipe the throttle body

You really don't want brake cleaner or similar on in the sensors and them to fail 6 months down the line

To clean the idle control valve you have to take the throttle body off, it's on the under side, I doubt this will be you problem

Don't spay cleaner down the throttle body

Put the cleaner on a cloth and wipe the throttle body

You really don't want brake cleaner or similar on in the sensors and them to fail 6 months down the line

To clean the idle control valve you have to take the throttle body off, it's on the under side, I doubt this will be you problem
Thank you for your comment. I will remove the throttle valve, place a bucket under it and spray it that way. I saw it done this way on YouTube.

I'd start with
Inspection of the spark plugs and leads
Condition of the air filter
Condition of the air intake circuit, rock the black plastic inlet

If they are okay unplug the evap blue pipe and retest

Pretty much everything else wil involve reading the data using a scan tool
I will clean the throttle body first, if that doesn't fix the problem I will have to go to a mechanic. Because I don't think I can do the things you said alone.

Thanks. So which one needs to be cleaned? (I will unscrew the throttle body and separate it).
MAP one screw you can leave the electrical connect alone, you sometimes get a drop of oil on the tip which messes with its readings, keep it pointing downward so no cleaning fluid goes inside

Idle control valve. Underside of throttle body It may have a spring loaded plastic cover that you have to push open with a small

I doubt it's either

Sounds more like the car about to stall, the ECU catches it making the revs jump

The most common cause would be spark plugs

Or the evap solenoid not closing, normally after over filling the car

Or melted inlet manifold after an overheating event

Last edited:
MAP one screw you can leave the electrical connect alone, you sometimes get a drop of oil on the tip which messes with its readings, keep it pointing downward so no cleaning fluid goes inside

Idle control valve. Underside of throttle body It may have a spring loaded plastic cover that you have to push open with a small

I doubt it's either

Sounds more like the car about to stall, the ECU catches it making the revs jump

The most common cause would be spark plugs

Or the evap solenoid not closing, normally after over filling the car

Or melted inlet manifold after an overheating event
Thank you for your help. I will do as you say. My mechanic is in another city, if I can't fix it myself I'll take it there anyway. He is an expert on Panda :) There are not many experts in Turkey who understand Panda.

Back