Technical weird brake light problem

Currently reading:
Technical weird brake light problem

puntopjc

Hi guys, I've been reading threads on the common brake light problem, I seem to have the exact same thing, as soon as I press the brakes it says check stop lights, I've done all what others have said about cleaning wiring connector, and checking it's earthed but still cannot fathom out what's wrong. It's due its mot in a few days but don't want to shell out if it's just a simple fix? Anything else that can be checked?

Cheers
Paul

Have you got the right voltage bulbs in the holders? Check your manual and see what bulbs you need. As if the sensor is recieving the wrong voltage then it will flash the check bulb sign

yes got the right bulbs got a new set from halfords, drivers side is working fine, it's the passenger side that's playing up. it illuminates when i have got the lights switched on but as soon as I press the brake nothing happens,

I fixed this exact issue on mine the other day. One of the four flat metal pins connecting to the back light had lots of rust on it. Give it a good scraping with a flat blade screwdriver, mines perfect now!

thanks Ben, did what you said and touch wood all seems to be fine :-D

Back