Tuning Weight variance within 999cc SPI??

Currently reading:
Tuning Weight variance within 999cc SPI??

As I gear up to move house I've been compacting my fleet and spares some what. as those who know, the garage space is bound to be reduced no matter where I move to :bang: but perhaps that’s not a bad thing.

Since I chopped up my Uno Start shell and transported it to the scrap metal dealers in the Brava, I've had a 999cc engine spare, and the spare one I swapped for some turbo parts is spare too.

Cos Fiat used the pushrod engine in the Cinques and the 1.1 in the sporting, there has been no call for the 999cc Fire engine, and so these spares are not really sort after.

So I decided to scrap both engines :eek: but not as whole lumps. No I've been removing all the nuts and bolts as far as possible :idea:.

Tonight I weighed some of the larger bits and compared them from the 93 Uno with those from the 95 Uno..

I've found that the cranks and blocks have a fair weight difference :confused: but can't work out why.

Anyone want to guess how much weight difference I found between bare cranks or Bare blocks? :p

I also stripped down one of the spare gearboxes, so I'm down to 2 x 1.3thrbo short engines and, 1 topshift MK1 gearbox and a late 999cc box :cry:

I'm planning to weigh in on Saturday so shout if thers anyone who wants a light crank

Last edited:
Anyone want to guess how much weight difference I found between bare cranks or Bare blocks? :p

15 good sized turnips? :D

No idea.
I've always been pretty rubbish when it comes to estimating weight.
I tend to think in terms of "bags of sugar" :)

Crank 1. = 7.3 Kg
Crank 2. = 5.8kg

crank_2.JPG

Block 1 = 20.0Kg
Block 2 = 21.2kg

Both flywheels 6.6Kg

Not a bad guess at 3 Kg for block and crank (y)

Now scrapped.

Back