Technical Water temperatur gauge/sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Water temperatur gauge/sensor

Unclechuchu

A few days back I suddenly noticed that the water temperature was maxed out on the gauge. I immediately stopped and checked the temperature - it was fine. When I started the engine again the gauge worked as normal. But the last week the gauge has been acting up. When I start the engine from cold the gauge works it's way up faster than normal, doesn't stop at normal temperature but continues on until it's maxed. Then all the dots in the gauge disappears, and the meter lives it's own life. (Much like the rest of the car). I haven't noticed any changes in how the car is to drive, fuel consumption, cold starts, ect.

My question is; does the 115 JTD have two temp sensors? One for the engine management, and one for the gauge? Or do they share sensor? A link to the kind of sensor I need would be great, as I can't find any water temp sensors for the Multipla in Norway.

Thanks,
Chuchu

Are the connections clean and bright on the Temperature sensor and the wiring plug?

No signs of corrosion along the wires to the ECU?

Give them a good clean
Make sure the Cooling system is fully bled up too

As sometimes a little bubble of air can make the Sensor give a false reading and hence you get the "spike" in temperature

Ziggy

Back