Technical Water from floor pans Fiat 500 year 2011

Currently reading:
Technical Water from floor pans Fiat 500 year 2011

Darne

Hello
Im new to the forum and wondering what the problem is when about 1-2 lit.water came from the outer floor pans when i remowed the rubber plug
Regards Stig-Arne

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpeg
    IMG_2358.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 159
How much water came out? These rubber bungs usually let water out if there's enough of it but they rely on the weight of the water pushing past the rubber bung, and then the bung "closing" again.

My old Stilo always collected a small amount of water in the sill.. (enough to make a cloth wet but not even enough to fill an egg cup). I did explore where it was coming from and found that there is a drain tube (I think the 500 has just an open end on the scuttle) that allows water to run down the bulkhead and behind the wheel arch liner. Some of this could be working its way down into the void ahead of the sill.

While you're there.. check the rubber bungs under the scuttle (about 50cm in from each wing.. you need to reach round the back of the engine to find them but the bungs feel like cow's tits... although I never felt a cow's tits so I'm not sure about that.. ). Give them a squeeze to make sure they're clear and that water is not collecting in the scuttle. If you can drain any water through the rubber bungs on the scuttle, there will be less exiting through other places.

The rubber bungs can be pulled out for thorough cleaning.. although putting them back in is a little fiddly... just squeezed them, push them through the hole and then pull them out again slowly until the moulded groove pops into position. If you could see what you were doing it would be very simple.. but they're just out of sight.

Ralf S.

Back