Technical Washers not working!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Washers not working!!!

kevclem

Hi all, got an issue with the screen washers.

When I push back the stork for rear window, wiper moves and can hear pump but no water to window.

Pull for front and no movement on wipers, no sound from pump.

I'm thinking that storks are NG.

Any ideas how to check?

Cheers

cinq or sei and if sei is it an early one or late one..

cinqs and early sei's have 2 seperate pumps, later sei's have a single pump that works in both directions and 2 outlets, one for front and one for back.

sooooo. If its got 2 I'd say the not return valve in the line between the pump and nozzle is not working, replace it and should work. And that the other pump is not working at all, either corroded connectors or water has got under the insuating layer of the wiers and corroded them or just plain the pump doesn't work anymore.

If its a later one with 2 pumps then thats more weird that it would work one way but not the other... so i'm guessing its the earlier twin pump setup.

Get someone to hold the washers on while you look at the washer bottle and pumps so you can workout which is which. once you worked out which is the working one you can try swapping the wires with the other pump and see if that works with the power coming from the other switch.

If they both work when you do that you know both pumps work so then you can test for 12v on once thats not working and trace it back to what the issue is, wires or switch itself.

most likely the pumps are an issue. the one that makes a noise but doesnt squirt anything could be blocked.

remove the drivers side wheel arch liner and see what is going on.

most likely the pumps are an issue. the one that makes a noise but doesnt squirt anything could be blocked.

remove the drivers side wheel arch liner and see what is going on.

Going to do that tonight, the only thing I don't understand is why the front wipers don't move at all when pulling stick forward. Work under normal operation just not when washer stall pulled

the only thing I don't understand is why the front wipers don't move at all when pulling stick forward. Work under normal operation just not when washer stall pulled
On the Cinq, at least on my Cinq, pulling the stalk just operates the washer jets, not the wipers.
Not sure if Sei is the same, but it sounds like it is!

My screen washer pump failed years ago and as a temp work-around I swapped the connections to the rear pump (so what was the rear pump now operates the screen wash).
I got a replacement pump to get both working again, but it is still in my drawer... haven't really missed the lack of rear window wash and don't feel like taking the arch liner out again. :)

Last edited:
Back