Technical washed out remote key fob for my punto

Currently reading:
Technical washed out remote key fob for my punto

FiatPuntoFreak

hi there,
i have done one of the stupidiest thing, i left my car key in my jeans and wife put that into laundry, now i got washed out remote fob of my punti which is bit shiny now but doesn't work to open the car door and boot.i have replaced the battery and it worked only once and then stopped working. i can still lock my car using the key. i wonder if i recode or reprogramm my key will it start working just like before or i have to order a new key remote, which would cost me around £300 from dealer.
i appreciate your feed back on this.

hi Dave,
do i need to spray it by opening the fob and on pcb itself and on buttons?
cheers,

thanks guys, fob is working like before. bought whynn's electrical contact cleaner and sprayed it on all bits of fob key. all fine.
strangely car got unlocked middle of night, any ideas??
thanks a lot..

hi there,
i have done one of the stupidiest thing, i left my car key in my jeans and wife put that into laundry, now i got washed out remote fob of my punti which is bit shiny now but doesn't work to open the car door and boot.i have replaced the battery and it worked only once and then stopped working. i can still lock my car using the key. i wonder if i recode or reprogramm my key will it start working just like before or i have to order a new key remote, which would cost me around £300 from dealer.
i appreciate your feed back on this.
went to timpsons today and they quoted £25 to clone my red key if that helps

it not only get unlocked at middle of night, key fob got its own mind and unlocked the doors while driving, if i lock the doors from inside before start driving it will unlock the doors after few minutes, it is annoying to hear 'blip-blop' noise of unlocking the car. also this happens intermittently only.what is red key i never got red key with my 2006 punto which i purchased in 2010.

it not only get unlocked at middle of night, key fob got its own mind and unlocked the doors while driving, if i lock the doors from inside before start driving it will unlock the doors after few minutes, it is annoying to hear 'blip-blop' noise of unlocking the car. also this happens intermittently only.what is red key i never got red key with my 2006 punto which i purchased in 2010.

you don't need to worry about red key 2000> didn't have one

whats the difference between the blue n red keys then...and iv also heard you shldnt use the red key often.....whys that

the red key is the master, you can use it as often as you like, but if getting new key its best to get 2 and code them in with the red. a good locksmith or independent key cutter will do this for you

the red key is the master, you can use it as often as you like, but if getting new key its best to get 2 and code them in with the red. a good locksmith or independent key cutter will do this for you

omg dave iv done something silly today....iv caught my red key in the door of my house n bent it...gently using a hammer and about 4 or 5 lght taps to it i thought i could tap in back....and i snapped my red key :cry:

i still have both peices so what do i do... can i still get it recut..totally gutted:bang:.....iv actually had no luck with my new baby :(:(:(

sorry to keep hassling u

Back