warranty direct

Currently reading:
warranty direct

Anyone used them on their car?

Whats are peoples experiences and what are peoples general views on after market warrantys on cars?

Been looking into a warranty on the Stilo but been looking at it and for £300+ a year (£250 premium + £50 excess, and possibly 10% towards cost) I've been thinking better leaving money in bank and paying myself if anything goes wrong.

I did think about this when I saw the advert the other day. But then I remembered I'd seen it on Dave, and therefore automatically don't trust it.

It sounds like a good idea in principle, but surely there'll be some loopholes in the fine print which means the list of what they'll pay out on under warranty means it's better off just saving your money.

I am at this moment in time staring at a cheque for £278.20 from them - it arrived today in fact! This was for the alternator failure I had 3 weeks after the commencement of my policy - although I didn't know of there being anything wrong with the alternator at the start date, I was gobsmacked that they didn't even try that one!

I'm gonna give them my recommendation.

I pay £35 a month over 10 months, interest free and I get the highest level of cover with some extra thrown in for emissions and something-or-other.

I have the one above the SecureCare cover. Called ExtraCare cover I think. The policy documents are available on their website:

http://warrantydirect.co.uk/policywording.html?which=car&section=car

EDIT: And I wanted to pay monthly as I didn't trust that they would pay out and thought that if I was doing the policy bit-by-bit I could just not pay any more installments if they refused a claim. Didn't appear to happen though!

Last edited:
What level of cover have you got?

They quoted me £245 in a single payment for 'NEW Secure Cae 12Months'.

If you haggle them on the phone you can get there absolute full cover for that much over 4 payments.
Im just in the process of geting the new car serviced so i can get a warranty. So i will be watching this thread closely.

I'm sure there's lots on mine that would cost a pretty penny. Air con unit, turbo, steering motor, the engine itself, gearbox and so on. I know some are highly unlikely, but with my car's tendencies, I wouldn't put anything past it. Some damned expensive stuff has gone wrong with it.

It's about peace of mind at the end of the day and if all i'm doing is saving into a glorified bank account then so be it. But at the moment i'm up to the tune of a few hundred quid.

Back