General Wanted - Panda with 5 gears

Currently reading:
General Wanted - Panda with 5 gears

Another vauxhall fan, yay! What sort are you into? My favourites are mk2 astras, especialy the early ones, mk2 cavaliers, FD victors, and really would like to have a vauxhall royale and a straight 6 carlton diplomat. I also love citroen BXs and renault Feugos.

Sorry, but the price for my mk2 would be far to high, considering all the time and attention it has had - it's going on loan to a friend of mine so I will still see it every week and have agreed to maintain it mechanically for a monthly fee - quite a good arrangement in fact - for the both of us.

Thanks for your replies everybody, but my panda money has been spent on a new laptop, after my cup of coffee killed my old one last night - bloody bad timing!! I have exams in 4 weeks, so i'm revising like crazy and need a laptop all day so no panda for me until the end of May which is ok i suppose becuase i'm insured on my astra until the end of july... But i'll still be around checking out the forum and asking questions etc.

Another vauxhall fan, yay! What sort are you into? My favourites are mk2 astras, especialy the early ones, mk2 cavaliers, FD victors, and really would like to have a vauxhall royale and a straight 6 carlton diplomat. I also love citroen BXs and renault Feugos

FD Victors :yum:, had a 2ltr estate years back, it was my '64 Buick Riviera substitute :p. Can see where you're coming from with the Citroen BX, Fuego, and Royale (coupe I assume) too, none of them a regular sight any more though, when was the last time you saw a Fuego Turbo :confused:.

Not coupe, I really like the look of the saloon, and i've never seen a fuego turbo. There was a really nice 2.0 CLX on carandclassic.com a while ago but not ever see one in the flesh, love the alloy wheels on the CLX fuego, they look like the slotted mk1 espace v6 alloys!

I had a BX14 TGE over christmas whilst I was sorting out my astra, the engine was making crunching noises - turned out to only be crank pulley bearings than goodness! The BX was great, loved it when you got in in the morning started it and rose 8", was very comfortable too, I even got a twin choke carb and manifold off an AX GT for it to make it a bit quiker, and apparently more economical? But then I wrote it off, the most irritating part is that the incident wasn't my fault and if two 16 year old chavs weren't pissing around on the A303 WITHOUT THEIR LIGHTS ON I would still have my BX and a normal insurance premium, it was lucky no-one was hurt really if you consider 70mph citroen + 30mph moped=? Managed to miss the second one.

My stepdad had a victor FD 4/90 2.3 with twin carbs before my mum met him, he sold it though... Silly man, always though the 3.3 straight 6 version would be fun too!

Life story over!

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ladies and gentleman, a Panda has been sourced :D!

I went to look at one of Vern's today (Sparky), and put down a deposit. Can't do anything with it for 4 weeks though, got 4 weeks of exams starting on monday... Hurrah (n).

My Panda is as it looks in the picture in this thread;
(https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/234598-sparky-has-new-owner.html)

And will have these alloy wheels, once I have saved up for some 155/70/13 michelin energy tyres;
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120714982782&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT)

I've already got a list of jobs for it! I'm usually very anal about servicing etc so it will get the full treatment once it's landed, and then some!

Thanks all,
Tom

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Good to meet you today Tom (y). LukeP will be pleased to find that Sparky has passed to a new owner who will treat him well.

The next 4 weeks are going to feel like months though :p.

Alright you two, less of that! :yum:

And nice to meet you too Vernon, what a top bloke! Very jealous of your storage space, and all those cars you've got... Well, good things come to those who wait right?

Back