Grande Punto VL36 turbo need help????

Currently reading:
Grande Punto VL36 turbo need help????

Got a VL36 turbo into my T jet...

Anyway, ever since ive had it in yesterday all the air seems to be pishing out my dump valve instead of boosting up then coming out?

Ive got the bailleys dump valve, and when i put the foot down it makes a fluttering sound and just doesnt really boost. I was expecting my t jet to be vastly quicker with the VL36 turbo but im worried about why its not spooling up properly and all the funny noises with it.

Can anyone help me out?

Got a VL36 turbo into my T jet...

Anyway, ever since ive had it in yesterday all the air seems to be pishing out my dump valve instead of boosting up then coming out?

Ive got the bailleys dump valve, and when i put the foot down it makes a fluttering sound and just doesnt really boost. I was expecting my t jet to be vastly quicker with the VL36 turbo but im worried about why its not spooling up properly and all the funny noises with it.

Can anyone help me out?
Sounds like the actuator is not working, no dash lights on?

Does sound like the spring is not strong enough in the dump valve, did this ever happen in 4th or 5th gear before? (Only reason I ask is overboost)

Have you tried say 3rd gear at 15-20mph foot to floor should slowly build boost then hit max after a few seconds, you should be able to hear it spool with the windows open.

It might be spooling fine and just the dump valve venting the boost to the atmosphere.

Does seem to be working slightly better now, considering taking the dump valve off and just putting it back to normal see if I get any more boost from it. cheers for your help guys.

Back