Cinquecento Very original cinquecento.

Currently reading:
Cinquecento Very original cinquecento.

Razman

The Renegade Master
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Not sure yet few little bits I want to do to it like sort out the brakes and give It a good service !

you can't compare a cinq to a mk2 punto or a grande. especially without driving one

the cinq is in a league of its own lol

:yeahthat: cinq is a lightweight little go-kart, the others are over weight lumbering things..

End of the day Ryan is right though, there is not hardly any cars that can't be improved with a few mods. Look at my 2 cars, they are exactly the same except one has slightly lower suspension, modded induction setup, custom exhaust and different wheel and tyre combo to stock and it drives completely different to the stock one. So much more confidence it will grip when you throw it into a corner, exhaust and intake just make it make a nicer noise really its not enough to make it feel faster but it all adds to the experience. So you can't compare a cinq to a grande, but a grande would still feel miles better with a few choice mods.

At risk of offending you guys, I do like the fact that my cars have always been standard. My motto is this: if it ain't broke, don't fix it, lol!

:yeahthat: cinq is a lightweight little go-kart, the others are over weight lumbering things..

End of the day Ryan is right though, there is not hardly any cars that can't be improved with a few mods. Look at my 2 cars, they are exactly the same except one has slightly lower suspension, modded induction setup, custom exhaust and different wheel and tyre combo to stock and it drives completely different to the stock one. So much more confidence it will grip when you throw it into a corner, exhaust and intake just make it make a nicer noise really its not enough to make it feel faster but it all adds to the experience. So you can't compare a cinq to a grande, but a grande would still feel miles better with a few choice mods.

Even prestige cars such as Lamborghinis have turbo kits available!

Similar to your situation Chris, between my two cinqs, which are exactly the same car, they are completely different. The standardish red cinq drives relatively well, while the black one was a pure, unfiltered go kart experience.

To be fair puntofan, it's not really about fixing anything (in most cases ;) ) it's more to do with moulding the car into what you want it to be, and for it to do what you want it to do.

One guy might want 100 speakers, another might enjoy the benefits of an engine swap or polybushing. Each to his own, that the fun of cars!

Now that I've had the chance to own another (non fiat) car, I can finally understand what the cinq is all about. In the 60 mile drive back from buying my new car, a tinge of boredom hit me. This NEVER happens in the cinq. Cinqs are just..... Fun!

In summary, everyone needs to buy a cinq.

Back