Technical Valve Clearance adjustment OHV

Currently reading:
Technical Valve Clearance adjustment OHV

99 Sei

How do you adjust the valve clearances on an OHV 0.9 seicento without the threaded adjusters or locknuts on the rockers? Are there's shims in the hydraulic tappets?

What are the specifications?

My haynes is for a cinquecento and it says to adjust as with any old OHV using the threaded adjusters. Only my engine doesn't have any on the rockers, just pins that look like they are shrunk or pressed in to the rocker arms.

Cheers

Click the link in Post 12

Here

Translation works fine in my browser

If you’ve got the pure hydraulic rocker arms, there is no adjustment available. It should all be taken care of by the later larger hydraulic tappets.

Click the link in Post 12

Here

Translation works fine in my browser
Wrong engine…

Unless you meant the section at the top where it says there is no adjustment on the 899 OHV engine.

Thanks ,

so what happens with a head skim or valve seat work? do they just compensate accordingly?

cheers

Thanks ,

so what happens with a head skim or valve seat work? do they just compensate accordingly?

cheers
Yes they should.
The early small tappets were a bit rubbish… never a good sign that they put the adjustment on there too.

My 899 Cinq had the early type and I swapped them out for the pure mechanical rockers from a Panda.
Just mechanical adjustment, no hydraulic. They were quieter and I didn’t need to adjust them over time either…. I expected to need to, but didn’t.

I don’t have any direct experience of the later pure hydraulic rockers though.

Back