General Value of Panda Sporting 1242 16v

Currently reading:
General Value of Panda Sporting 1242 16v

chlblnz

Hi,

I was hoping someone on here might be able to value a car for me. I know I'll never get back what I've spent but just to know a ball park figure would be great so I don't lose silly money.

I have a 1994 Panda CLX and converted to a 1242 16v 176B9000.

It is running but needs an exhaust making up (the downpipe and cat are present). No tax or MOT and is sorn.

Bodywork in very good and engine has had a full rebuild from bottom up (new rings, honed etc)

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

I was hoping someone on here might be able to value a car for me. I know I'll never get back what I've spent but just to know a ball park figure would be great so I don't lose silly money.

I have a 1994 Panda CLX and converted to a 1242 16v 176B9000.

It is running but needs an exhaust making up (the downpipe and cat are present). No tax or MOT and is sorn.

Bodywork in very good and engine has had a full rebuild from bottom up (new rings, honed etc)

Thanks in advance...

No idea about what the value would be as they dont come up all that often, and are in varying states of conversion and condition. I would say put it on ebay and put a reserve of how much the minimum you are comfortable with letting it go for.

There was a nice one in the classifieds at £995 - gone now but I don't know if it sold - the advert had been around for a while. It's not the first one to hang around at less than £1k either, so people are wary about how well they have been converted.

I don't think it will be worth much unless you finish it & mot it - people will just be too worried about the standard of the work.

Once it's finished, get some good pics up, and we'll have a go at valuing it.

You're appealing to a very limited market, and it may not sell for as much as you hope I'm afraid. :(

Personally I'm getting one built for me, as I need to know what I'm getting. I wouldn't necessarily expect to get much of my (significant) outlay back either, but if I keep it forever it becomes largely irrelevant. I wouldn't have bought one I didn't know the full history of & not without having it inspected.

Has the engine change been notified to the DVLA & did you have any problems with having that recorded?

Last edited:
Back