Styling URGENT HELP - hid

Currently reading:
Styling URGENT HELP - hid

kingdazza11

Just a quikie, i no this may have been asked a hell of alot of times but, does anyone know the legal limit for hid in (k's) as i want to buy a pair. I want a pair that gives of the blue colour, but dont want to get pulled, someone made a thread of his car few days ago and he had hid's on. looked sweet. also would i need to buy the expensive kit , or just the bulbs for like £15 Lol.

Thanks Guys

Their illegal whatever but people still run with them as their not hightly policed. 6k are the blue ones and yes you will need the expensive kits to get the look the bulbs are rubbish.

Proper Xenon HID lights are not illegal but if they are fitted, it's a legal requirement that they automaticaly adjust horizontally so as not to dazzle other cars.

To comply with this the car must be fitted with either self leveling suspension or some other automatic device to adjust the lights whenever the car is not level, for example, if the boot were loaded.

On the Stilo there are 2 potentiometers linked to the O/S/F and N/S/R suspension that adjust the lights via electric motors. That's why the Xenon option is so expensive. It's not just a matter fo fitting different bulbs.

Dave.

hey i put a thread up about my car few days ago - black punto with hids, if it is mine you seen, if not have a look.

There not illegal to a sense, because these mk2 puntos have projectors on, they are much better then any other normal lamp as the light is emmitted everywhere, which can affect other drivers, mine are always low and will never go higher then the number plate of the car when driving, always focused low, so if you havent got projectors get them.

They say 6000k is the legal limit but i wanted a more blue on mine, so i got 8000k, no ones complained as of yet so its all good i guess

Back