Styling upgrading my mjet seats to leather :)

Currently reading:
Styling upgrading my mjet seats to leather :)

ben0101

hopefully swapping my 'dotty' mjet seats for a set of leather ones (front and back). £200 plus my old interior (y) are they easily fitted? I'm yet to sit in them, hoping they are just as 'bucketty' as the current ones or I'm not bothered. Anybody installed these before? I'm not sure how to attach an image, they're proper GP ones, black with white lines around the edge.

Unplug battery half an hour before disconnecting the air bags and don't power back up until new airbags connected. Use thread lock and torque wrench on seat bolts for safety, they go through a hell of a lot in a crash.

bolts on seats sometimes have a marker to indicate where to torque them too aswell.

thanks guys. has anyone owned these? My main worry is that they wont hold me in as well as the current seats. ie. like bucket seats.

bolts on seats sometimes have a marker to indicate where to torque them too aswell.

That's not quite what the mark is for. The mark is added after the bolt is tightened so a visual inspection will reveal if it has since slackend. The problem is that each time it is tightened the bolt stretches a bit so if the same torque is used it will end up in a different position. The difference is small though and if you want to be fussy a new bolt should be used each time (but I think that's going a bit far).

Ive got leather. They are buckety and hold you in. You get the center arm rest too. In the back you only get 2 seats instead of 3.

Back