General Unknown Induction Kit

Currently reading:
General Unknown Induction Kit

T Jetter1

Just found this cone filter in my shed. Got given it as a gift from a friend a while back but i have no idea what brand it is or anything. I would like to fit it to my T-Jet but have heard that cone filters actually reduce power in some cases. But then i hear that GSR kits have been proven to increase power however i cant splash out that much atm and i hear they're very hard to get hold of so i would prefer to just fit this induction as its for free and would love a good induction noise on my tjet :)

What are your opinions on fitting this induction (even though you don't really have any information about it, as neither do i lol). Is it better than a standard cone filter as its enclosed? And also, what would i need to fit it? What pipe? What would i need to secure it in the engine bay?

Any help would be really appreciated :) thanks

Here's some pics of it (sorry about the quality, its too shiny to use flash lol)

Attachments

• IMG-20130323-00052.jpg
    IMG-20130323-00052.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20130323-00053.jpg
    IMG-20130323-00053.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG-20130323-00054.jpg
    IMG-20130323-00054.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 66
you dont have an induction kit, all you have is a filter than can be used on the end of an induction kit.

I did state that it is a cone filter. What else do i need to make it an induction kit? A pipe i'm guessing?

I don't know if you have heard a t-jet with an induction kit? It's a weird sound really, not to everyone's liking but both kits have been very good in increasing the flow of air to the engine.

I cant say i have heard one in real life to be honest. But that's good that they have had a good effect on your car. Does the induction kit make the car more noisy at idle or slow driving? or just when you're really revving it?

It would appear a company in India has bought the GSR name and is producing the kits again, however they want £50 postage and you will struggle with any consumer rights if there are any problems with it

Could you send me a link to it please? :)

I bought one before this new company took over (im fairly sure its the exact one in the website photo of a black t jet kit) and the quality was pretty crap IMO, rough finish to the silicone and used a combination of drain pipe and garden hose fittings for pipe joiners. Not what i would expect for a £200 product so sent it back.

If the quality was up to scratch i would love one on my car but i dont trust something so badly made

I bought one before this new company took over (im fairly sure its the exact one in the website photo of a black t jet kit) and the quality was pretty crap IMO, rough finish to the silicone and used a combination of drain pipe and garden hose fittings for pipe joiners. Not what i would expect for a £200 product so sent it back.

If the quality was up to scratch i would love one on my car but i dont trust something so badly made

Forge it is then! Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the link but ahh that doesn't sound too good (n) Might have to consider the Forge one now

Back