Technical Uneven Suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Uneven Suspension

I have a problem with the front suspension on my Sisley. The front drivers side suspension sits lower than the passenger side. I thought it was a weak spring, so changed the spring this weekend and it i s the same. All the other suspension parts look o.k. Has anybody else had this problem?

I have a problem with the front suspension on my Sisley. The front drivers side suspension sits lower than the passenger side. I thought it was a weak spring, so changed the spring this weekend and it i s the same. All the other suspension parts look o.k. Has anybody else had this problem?

On any car, particularly at higher mileages, its always policy to change the pair of springs on the same axle for a matched pair, it is the spring that controls ride height. If you bought the car used it may have had a wrong spring fitted on the side that is high at some point in its life.

My 4x4 also sits about an 1" lower on the drivers side.
Don't know why, but maybe because it has always been a 1 person car, ie the driver!
Pandamaniac

Maybe if you drew a line down the centre of the car it would show the engine side is heavier in bulk than the gearbox side

Some cars have a piece in that makes the passenger side lower so when the driver gets in the car is level(weight of driver compressors longer spring to same level as passenger) but this seems the wrong way round for you?

do the springs sit in their seats properly? the seats fixed how they should be?

I've just looked on ePER, and according to that all RHD Panda's should have a thrust ring between the bottom of the coil and the damper/strut. Only 1 is listed, so I am presuming it would fit the to the drivers side. Now my car has'nt got one, in fact neither of mine have them. Could somebody let me know if they have one of these fitted to their car?

certainly not on mine, there is a rubber ring at the top of the front springs but the bottom seats straight onto the strut and it is designed that way with an indent in the seat for the end of the spring. pretty sure that's what eper shows as I checked and ordered new rubbers when I did the fronts.
Andrew

Back