Technical Ulysse Washer pump replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Ulysse Washer pump replacement

Pat H

Notcied the front washers had been playing up recently. Worked sometime not others. Better if the washer bottle full.
Then realised that using the rear wash caused the next go of the front to work.
Remembered that many new cars use the same pump and washer bottle for front and back by powering the pump in one direction or the other.
So suspect using the rear gives the worn pump a kick so it works forwards.

So ordered a pattern pump from shop4parts £22 including delivery.
Now the question:

What's the best way to change it?
I can see it down by the stearing fluid pump but looks almost impossible top access! Maybe from below? or take out the iner wing plastic and remove the bottle?

Open to thoughts.

:)HI Remove drivers wheel remove wheel arch liner and were it attaches to the bottom of bumper undo/loosen two bolts for washer bottle.Remove filler spout (just clips in the metal bracket in engine bay and push fit into bottle) This should give you enough access to remove washer motor water will run up your arm and make work area flooded:D so empty bottle first!
and as haynes says reassembly is the reverse. (note One motor does both one way for front one for rear if you break down the motor i found bits of crap in the motor stopping the "valve" from moving back and forth so i flushed the bottle and put a mesh in the neck to filter small bits to stop it happening again. Bout a hour to do start about 3pm sunday :D

:)HI Remove drivers wheel remove wheel arch liner and were it attaches to the bottom of bumper undo/loosen two bolts for washer bottle.Remove filler spout (just clips in the metal bracket in engine bay and push fit into bottle) This should give you enough access to remove washer motor water will run up your arm and make work area flooded:D so empty bottle first!
and as haynes says reassembly is the reverse. (note One motor does both one way for front one for rear if you break down the motor i found bits of crap in the motor stopping the "valve" from moving back and forth so i flushed the bottle and put a mesh in the neck to filter small bits to stop it happening again. Bout a hour to do start about 3pm sunday :D

Thanks. Just the advice I needed.

Replacement went fine.
The only difference from Jarred's post was that one of the washer bottle bolts is a forward facing nut so not so accessible. The inner mount is a rear facing bolt and that came out easy. The whole bottle then swung round on the remaining mount and that allowed plenty of space to replace the pump.

Took the oppertunity to then remove the whole front bumper/grill assembly and take the headlamps out. One to get back out a dropped in culb clip and to also see how the left to right adjustment is down. Found it was a hidden 6mm adjuster under the headlamp shell.
Now I know it's there I can finally get them lined properly.

changed my washer bottle pump today quite easy job even for a novice left wheel on took wheel arch cover off i could see washer bottle but no pump i saw the part on here went and bought one for a Ulysse with some new anti freeze washer stuff and 2 exhaust bracket it came to 17 quid then took bottle off and swapped pump it was slightly different electric connection so took old one to get right one and the part i took off said on it peugeot /citroen so always take old of first and take with you, re assembled it all c wheel arch cover filled it up tested it back worked fine none water to front pipe had come off so had to do it again then it all worked fine so morrel of the story check then check again before you pu it all back together lol i would to thank all on here for your knowledge

Back