Technical Tyre gauge not resetting

Currently reading:
Technical Tyre gauge not resetting

tiggerwillow

My car has decided that her tyre pressures were wrong, we pumped them up after checking them but her tyre pressure warning light is still on and for some reason she is not letting me reset it, even though the tyres are fine, she says to reset them in the menu but she is not letting me scroll through the menu to reset them.

Help please?

(She's going in for MOT on Monday, so if I cant reset it then I'll ask them if they can reset it)

Last edited:
i somehow made her tyre light thing go out, don't ask me how!

did i hurt her feelings by calling her a big pain in the bum when i was trying to get that light to go out?

Hi.
The TPMS on this car works of the ABS sensors, it detects a difference in rotational speed between the tyres on each axle over a predetermined period to obviate turning etc, if one tyre is getting flat it will turn faster due to a smaller turning radius.
The downside is if you put a new tyre on one side and the other is down at the limit it can put the light on. Also issues with the ABS system "can" put the TPMS light on without it putting up an ABS fault light.

Hi.
The TPMS on this car works of the ABS sensors, it detects a difference in rotational speed between the tyres on each axle over a predetermined period to obviate turning etc, if one tyre is getting flat it will turn faster due to a smaller turning radius.
The downside is if you put a new tyre on one side and the other is down at the limit it can put the light on. Also issues with the ABS system "can" put the TPMS light on without it putting up an ABS fault light.

I'd imagine that if you reset it after replacing one tyre, that would not happen. But always best to replace both tyres anyway to maintain similar tread and handling. In Germany, that is a legal requirement I believe.

I'd imagine that if you reset it after replacing one tyre, that would not happen. But always best to replace both tyres anyway to maintain similar tread and handling. In Germany, that is a legal requirement I believe.

Absolutely
If when resetting the TPMS the light goes off then after a short driving distance it comes on then all you can do is to make sure that the tyres are properly inflated, not big differences between tread depth on each side and that they are the same size and profile. Other than that it's time to check the ABS system etc.

Back