Twin air on LPG???

Currently reading:
Twin air on LPG???

Toomanytoys

So.. anyone done it??
I am an experienced lpg user on a couple of other older vehicles..
It always works better on forced induction, so to my mind to get the running costs up where fiat say they should be, this would be a possible option for me..
It seems that most people won't ever get near the quoted mpg figures (correct me if I am wrong)
I am looking at panda 4x4 twin air...
I don't care about losing spare wheel/boot space..
Cheers

Thanks.. I know what's needed to run lpg.. in simple terms, a separate ECU interprets the car ECU/signals and controls the lpg functionality and reports back to the car ECU.. (not quite as simple as that but that's the idea)
LPG generally can see 10% less mpg (LPG has slightly lower calorific value) but this can be mitigated on forced induction some what.. (ways and means)
Even with 10% less mpg, the fuel currently is 50-60% the cost of petrol... So cost per mile (the key factor) is much less.. LPG is actually cleaner for the environment too..

Anyway.. I don't know what your driving style is to achieve "computer 68mpg" or if the computer is very accurate at all ( most (any make) are not and at best can be 5mpg out)
Generally I have seen people getting 40-50mpg as best numbers... Bare in mind primarily I am looking at the 4x4...

Looking for people that know of/actually have done LPG on a twin air..
Seems to have been done in Eastern Europe, but my eastern Europe language skills are poor..
Cheers

Back