Multipla Turbo problems.

Currently reading:
Multipla Turbo problems.

erf116

Hi all, just purchased another kermit, after the train journey from hell.!!! anyway its drives fine, but the turbo is missing, just drives like a normally aspirated car.. no noises, whines, fluid leaks, been told it could be the maf filter or the egr, but also the crankshaft sensor, the speedo works fine, but just no oomph... no smoke either when accelerating.. any help on this one guys. thanks - lawrie

hi thanks for your help, yes the engine manangement light comes on, and sometimes goes off, but when i get to 3000rpm approx the light comes on again... and car performs much slower..

Check all of the small bore vacuum pipes for splits, especially where they push on to T-pieces, the boost solenoid etc. Even a small hole will be enough to lose vacuum, putting you into limp mode at about 3,000rpm under load.

I spent quite a few quid replacing boost solenoid, MAP sensor etc. In the end, the cure was to replace a 2" length of small bore rubber tubing that went on the end of one of the little semi-rigid plastic tubes. Cost? About 20p. By then though, I'd spent well over £100 needlessly replacing bigger stuff....

Back