Technical Turbo not taking

Currently reading:
Technical Turbo not taking

HellfireZA

So if I'm about to overtake someone, drop to third wait for exact moment... put foot flat down, pull away and keep pulling and then if I change really quickly to 4th, put foot back down again... the engine keeps its revvs and goes up but the turbo is like huh and doesnt do anything really? So I just lift foot quickly and put it back down... now this happens if I do it really quickly only but ya its annoying, is there sensor or something like that I need to clean or something needs adjusting?

You think so? Cuz its only started within the last 2 weeks? Clutch only has 15k on it and its not that... engine revvs fine, no slipping or anything like that... the boost pressure is just low.

Possible that it could be the injectors... I'm going to be cleaning those next month? If it does continue or I don't find a solution I will get the guy to map it again for me.

There's the O² sensor that can do this or a leaking turbo hose.

reading your first post again, maybe it's an accelerator pedal problem?

I think you might be right with the first thing, I have noticed with some vehicle with more boost put it when you try and force so much all at once it open the gates on the turbo and prevents it from boosting further. Could be a possibility!

I highly doubt its a leaking turbo hose since the turbo system was replaced 5 months ago, where is this o2 sensor and how could the pedal be the issue?

Also I have what I dont think is a leak (but sounds like it) at the right side of my engine. I'll actually record it for you guys so you can see exactly what I'm refering to since its been there for awhile now.

Thing is as I said its only a near recent thing that started to happen and not always.

So if thats just the hose, any idea which one it would be... I mean I dont think its something I could troubleshoot on my own?

My car sounds like a jet on hot days. My friend's punto also had problems. Im taking it in next week

Back