Technical turbo gone again @#!@!#!

Currently reading:
Technical turbo gone again @#!@!#!

mattyboy123

This will be my third turbo fitted in as many months I had the previous turbo fitted with all new oil lines oil change new filters and an engine flush, could there be any other reason for my turbo going in such a short space of time many thanks matty.

This will be my third turbo fitted in as many months I had the previous turbo fitted with all new oil lines oil change new filters and an engine flush, could there be any other reason for my turbo going in such a short space of time

The vans only done 86000 miles and when running drives lovelly dont wanna get rid of it cos its spotless
Really need some help on what it may be
The company doing the work on my van are stumped too they have done every test possible
They reckon not enough oil is getting up to the turbo and the filter in the oil line to the turbo is stopping adequate amounts of oil getting to the turbo
Can anyone help please
Anyone with turbo knowledge ?
Or a good mechanic
Matty

check for (hidden) filter in banjo bolt on feed pipe (best to renew the banjo bolts and washer anyway)...also are they recon turbos as I had a similar problem few years back and it was cured by a genuine Fiat tiurbo, luckily mounted at front they are easy to change.

I think 1 was a recon turbo when first bought vehicle had that changed when turbo went , the mechanic charged me £600 for new turbo unit so I only thought it was fiat part (hope it was)
How much did you pay for fiat turbo unit

theres a new turbo on ebay at the minute buy it now 299 bidding starts at 99 but no bids yet 18 hrs left have a look

Thanks guys for replying
Ive been in touch with my mechanic and he reckons its definatly something to do with the oil feed to turbo ? Not enough getting up there but was when first fitted everything else is good
He thinks the little filters in banjo bolt are too fine and oil cant get through properly so hes gonna cut the gauzes to let oil flow better ??

Thanks guys for replying
Ive been in touch with my mechanic and he reckons its definatly something to do with the oil feed to turbo ? Not enough getting up there but was when first fitted everything else is good
He thinks the little filters in banjo bolt are too fine and oil cant get through properly so hes gonna cut the gauzes to let oil flow better ??
Any thoughts about this

Back