Technical tracking problem, car is all over the road!! help!!!

Currently reading:
Technical tracking problem, car is all over the road!! help!!!

Hi
just had a major service on multipla
I also replaced ns track rod end and anti roll bar link...all round brakes are new and i actually even replaced tyres and wheels all new! I took car to garage as old tyres were worn on the inner edge so i thought tracking must be out?? Please bear in mind that car was still going straight and steering was straight too...i told the garage to look for any faults on suspension and then do the tracking...well suspension was ok and tracking was out all sorted they say...got in car and car pulls to the right, steering pulls to the right and car is all over the road when i hit a bump or a crease on road!! Took car back 3 times already and they say tracking is fine and they dont know what to do...everytime they fiddle with it and they give me it back it get worse!! As anybody had any similiar issues or the garage is just ripping me off????

If you've still got them, refit the old wheels and tyres and see if the problem persists. That will at least get you closer to the root cause.

I cant really put old wheels back on as tyres are finished on inner edge...but i have been driving car for 3 weeks with new 17" tyres and wheels and car was going ok! I only did tracking as i ddnt want to ruin this tyres on inner edge
Only having problem since they did tracking...

Check bottom A frame bushes, if these are badly worn you'll get wear on inner edges, also affects handling.
You might also want to try 0 degrees toe-in,

Check bottom A frame bushes, if these are badly worn you'll get wear on inner edges, also affects handling.
You might also want to try 0 degrees toe-in,

Got car back and everything seems ok! The guy fiddled with toe in adjustments and checkt all bushes and ball joints and everything was spot on there...car now goes straight and handles better, i think they did 1st tracking in a hurry bot doing it properly...

A good few years ago I bought a Gunsons Trackrite. It is an extremely simple tool but I have used it ever since and my tracking is always 100% I never get uneven tyre wear. For £60 it was an exceptionally good investment and amazingly easy to use. You simply drive over it and it translates the amount of tyre skew into degree's toe in / out. You simply adjust the track rod until you get as near to 0% skew and your tracking is done.

Back