Touchup paint hasn't got the gloss

Currently reading:
Touchup paint hasn't got the gloss

cryocon

I have a 3 month old Crossover Black GP and bought a tin of touch up paint from Paints4u. I got the option with the laquer mixed into the paint. However when i've come to touch up my stone chips it doesn't have the gloss or shine of the rest of the car. It's not so bad with the tiny chips, but i have some bigger ones that its quite noticable. I use the Lanka Blob Eliminator to flatten the blobs, which works a treat.

I am wondering if a good polish of them will bring up the gloss. Or if i can somehow apply some clearcoat (of which i have a small amount), but then i may have to wet sand those blobs down to flatten then, which i don't really want to do. Would a touchup pen from a Fiat dealer be any better?

Any advice would be great to what other people do with their CB GP's.

hi, try your stick then wait about a hour and razor blade blob of ,then dab with some clearcoat.(y),and putting small amounts on use a (cotton bud or matchstick}
hope this helps you.

Last edited:
I don't have any problem flattening the blob of paint, but if i then put some clearcoat on wouldn't i have to then flatten that once it's dry?

cryocon as i said i usually razor blob and burnish/mop,this is only a temporary measure just to stop rust,but when you got to many of them its time for respray that panel.(y)

Back