General tipo16v.com

Currently reading:
General tipo16v.com

tipoboy

now i know there is a web site tipo16v.co.uk, but i just bought the name tipo16v.com and am planning on makin a website + forum dedicated to tipo16v.

Would anyone be interested in a new web site dedicated to the dying tipo?

i used to go on tipo16v.co.uk a lot but the forum is a bit difficult to navigate, trying to get hold of the original webmaster of tipo16v.co.uk maybe witht the insite of merging sites, just wanted to know what you all think of the idea??

coments would be much appreciated or would i be wasting my time??:) :D

who's going to pay for the hosting the site? your first questions should be wether it'll pay for itself or not... otherwise it'll be dead within a year.

don't get me wrong i'd love ot see a website that has a heart beat covering the Tipo16V... but there's not many Sedici owners around... and less each year as they fall to weak cams and dodgy electrics. your paying audience is dwindling.

Last edited:
already got hosting as i run a site called http://scottishwheelnut.co.uk/forum so that is not an issue also run several other web sites for businesses from my hosting which basically pay for me to keep MY web sites going.

as for the dwindeling numbers of us sedi owners the site needent just be about 16v tipo owners, would the coupe not come into the same class basically having the same chassis?

i'm not saying it will be easy believe me i run a car web site powered by vbulletin, and i love to code it and love the banter from ppl all over with the same views as me i'm just a car fanatic basically and love the tipo and with tipo16v.co.uk being a bit difficult to navigate compared to vbulletin it was just a thought.......anyone else got any comments or am i just trully wasting my time with a vein idea:(

Sure create a site but don't expect much. I'm actually tempted to say don't bother as there are already a number of forums that provide for the Tipo16v with the Fiat Forum being the most active internet forum. Just look at the Turbo collective, the UT sold in large numbers but the site and forum is largely dead as people including the site owners have lost interest.

yup gotta agree,now with the tipo at its stage of life it will struggle to support a new site.
a good example is the R5 GTT,there were loads of sites in its heyday but now just the owners club survives.

another idea is how about creating it here? whatever info you were going to put up could be intigrated into the FAQ's and guides sections.
then at least you have an established site

Not sure what you could offer which isnt on John Lee's site. The plan was to give me some space on John's site. I still speak to him on messenger.

Rich

For what its worth....go ahead if you think you have the time. John Lee's old site is still very relevent so I would n't bother duplicating it but items such as...maintenence tips/good garages & suppliers/a new gallery of cars still left/potted histories of owner cars etc/ sources of second hand spares might just be worth it.

Also links to other sites like the forum - obvious!, Fiat Motor Club, Guy Croft, Sporting Fiats club would be usefull.

Good luck if you decide to proceed - you can have a potted history of my car and pics any time. MIKE

Id definitely go on it I cant find much info on how to do this Coupe 16v Turbo conversion and really looking for all the info I can get as my Sedici is still one of the best known around and needs a new lease of life to get it noticed again properly!

Back