Technical Tipo Seatbelt Removal Tool

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo Seatbelt Removal Tool

RobHowdle

Hi all,

I'm looking for the tool that is used to remove the seatbelts from the sill pre-tensioners. I've installed a new seatbelt that is faulty (it works when it's out of the car but when it's in the car no matter what I do it locks) so I'm looking for the tool that can remove them. The last way I got them out was taking the seatbelt apart and using a couple of screwdrivers but I need it to come undamaged as it's getting returned but I can't find the tool anywhere

Wasn't aware there was a tool for this assumed It would have be bolts
Can you post pics of the mechanism
Sure, I've attached the two images. It's the part that connects to the sill pretensioner and underneath there are two slots that I assume some kind of key like tool would go in.

Attachments

• IMG_7416.JPG
    IMG_7416.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7417.JPG
    IMG_7417.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
So just to throw an answer here. The answer is difficult. There isn't a tool as such and it's a bit of a pain but it requires one screwdriver to go up the bottom (yes I'm childish and laughed too) of the part and you have to push up a spring loaded part. you'll feel it when the driver is in there. Then on the isdes (you might have to pull back the felt material if you have it but there a kind of hexagon shape. if you put a driver in there, there is a somewhat thick piece of metal that you have to push. This is easier if you have two sets of hands. After some wiggling it will eventually come free. Worse case you can open up the casing but if you needed to return the seatbelt then this may be an issue

Back