General Timing belts (1.3MJET)

Currently reading:
General Timing belts (1.3MJET)

xlaurahunterx

Hello!

I've got the 1.3 multijet diesel grande punto and it is currently at around 48k. I was just wondering when the belts are due, the book says the belts are "except 1.3". Does this mean i've got a timing chain? If so, does this have a service interval?

Also, how often does my oil need changing? I do mostly motorway miles.

Thank you!
Laura

Hello!

I've got the 1.3 multijet diesel grande punto and it is currently at around 48k. I was just wondering when the belts are due, the book says the belts are "except 1.3". Does this mean i've got a timing chain? If so, does this have a service interval?

Also, how often does my oil need changing? I do mostly motorway miles.

Thank you!
Laura

just checked on eurocarparts and no timing belts listed for the 1.3 diesel....meaning its a timing chain. as far as i know there not on a schedule, think they just need checking for tightness and adjusting?

what year/reg is the car? would assume oil service is due every 12months/18k whichever comes first

18k!? That's bonkers, my boyfriend's MG ZR diesel has its oil changed every 8k. Is the oil service interval really that long?

Thanks
Laura

18k!? That's bonkers, my boyfriend's MG ZR diesel has its oil changed every 8k. Is the oil service interval really that long?

Thanks
Laura

Yep that's what all modern engines are like now, better quality oils last longer, notice I said 18k or 12 months, whichever is first, I only do 10k in 12 months but oil still gets changed based on time

As per my personal experience, chain is weak very much in 1.3 D
Mine has been replaced at 57k km
tensioned very much and the hydraulic tensioner was all way long out. I heared similar symptoms from other 1.3 D owners as well.
When I saw the removed chain, I was surprised very much. Imagine a mountain bike drive chain.........

Back