Technical Timing belt, tensioners and water pump.

Currently reading:
Technical Timing belt, tensioners and water pump.

My T-jet 120 is 7 years old in October this year and has done just over 60,200 miles. It has no history of a change so I'm getting it done to be safe because for all I know it could still be on the original belt etc. which means I'm very much running on borrowed time. I've never had to do this with a car before as all my cars have been newer or bought with a recent change. My question is how much should I be spending I have a very friendly mechanic who works behind my work, he's done a lot for me to be fair but you can never trust them not to rip you off. He's sourcing the kit from parts world he said and he gets a business discount I'm guessing if that helps anyone price it up? I just don't wanna spend over the odds for it. Thanks FF

Auxiliary belt? That for the air con and alternator? Don't laugh I'm not the most mechanically savvy. Lmao

For my old 2.0 Multijet I sourced the parts myself from shop4parts ensuring they were genuine (for peace of mind). Had my mechanic fit them. Including the Aux belt it cost me just shy of £200 all in I think.

I am told it is not a big job that some people make it out to be.

Last edited:
Auxilliary belt is made of rubber, and doesn't last forever, and its very annoying if it gives out in service. I always change at same time as cambelt, even though this is not always listed as a fiat service procedure. (If you have it done at the same time it saves time and money.)
I personally don't share the recommendation for s4p because they supplied me with a four year old belt on the only time I used them, but others here swear by them.
You might find this an interesting read:
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/306532-auxiliary-belt-failure-panic.html?highlight=alternator+belt

Last edited:
Replacing aux belt tensioner

I have a 1.9JTD Bravo (Ritmo) in Australia. I want to change the aux belt tensioner. Thanks to a jpeg posted on the forum a while back, I know where the tensioner is and I've bought a new one from Shop4parts. Has anyone changed one before? Just looking for some tips before I dive in. Dave

Belt, tensioners and water pump £234 fitted by my local independent on a tjet 150 last year.

Back