Technical Timing belt tensioner question

Currently reading:
Technical Timing belt tensioner question

Hi there...did timing belt this evening on my jtd 11.
Replaced tensioner water pump and idler while i was there.

Anyway my question is regarding the tensioner.

There is conflicting advice on the yahoo microsite about the tensioner pointer position.
one advises to line it up with a brass locator on the crank casing the other advises to line it up with a hole on the tensioner body...im pretty sure its the latter.

I said id run the engine for a bit without replacing covers just to ensure the waterpump wasnt leaking...seems good but what i noticed was the tensioner pointer was doing a notable amount of oscillating with the engine ticking over..this normal??
Hadnt done a belt on a diesel before and maybe its all that torque pulsating through the belt??
Just curios before i cover it up(if the covers ever arrive but thats another story)

Marty

Yahoo is populated by sad nutta's, they get credo for every reply, if they said 'sausages' to your query they would get a mark, in fact if the said sausages to every single question they would still get the tick - that's why they do it and that's why its unreliable and naff :D

I was just going to post the photocopies and just the link, but I'm going to sell my two BUG's and make some room, and thought as a parting gesture to all those many people on this site that helped me when I needed it, I'd post the whole workshop 'proc' for this question. Others in the future may benefit the way I did from The Fiat Forum (y)

One
a1rdq9.jpg

Two
dgrujm.jpg

Three
1y8hs0.jpg

Four
25alt9j.jpg

Five
mtuqed.jpg

Six http://i39.tinypic.com/21joi9w.jpg
Seven