Technical Throttlebody gaskets

Currently reading:
Technical Throttlebody gaskets

Strada1979

Good afternoon everybody

Anybody that can advise me as to what material i can use to make gaskets for a throttle body?

The throttlebody is a Magneti Marelli if i can recall correctly and works on a 2007 Fiat Strada 1.2 8v(178 enigine) bakkie.

I have tried to source the original gaskets but did not find them anywhere...

I have looked at Flexoid gasket paper but are not sure if this will work.
I am also not sure as to what thickness of this paper i must use .

Is there any other alternative for these gaskets as i dont even have a sample of these to show.?

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.
Have a great weekend

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks for the relply
I know Flexoid sheets are oil resistant but can it handle fuel?

And whats the easiest way to cut them out?
Someone told me something of tapping it out with a hammer?

And 1mm seems so thin?will it be ok?

Thank you

Thanks for the relply
I know Flexoid sheets are oil resistant but can it handle fuel?

And whats the easiest way to cut them out?
Someone told me something of tapping it out with a hammer?

And 1mm seems so thin?will it be ok?

Thank you
Cutting a gasket sheet is really down to what access and imagination you have. Some people use pressure on the part with no obstructions (e.g. posts) to outline a profile on a piece of paper, drawer around and then cut a template. Others just nibble away with scissors.

1mm should be OK. 1.5mm better. As long as both component surfaces are clean, no deep scores or desposits then all will be OK. One can also use something like Hylomar Blue not setting gasket sealant but I've only ever used thsi when I know a troublesme gasket is going to be soaked in oil etc.

If you can give us your full vehicle VIN number then we can see if we can find the original Fiat part number. That makes finding supplies a lot easier and could save you having to make your own gasket.

Back