General This is my car so far after some mod's

Currently reading:
General This is my car so far after some mod's

Hi All

Haha i am trying but i have a excuse :D it too cold in the garage atm lol no joke......we have no heating in there.....and as the world knows england has had a lot of really cold weather atm....i go in there and it is soooo cold....i know it isn't a good excuse but me having college 5 days a week doesn't help my project much either :( but i'll go there friday and take some more pics okay....i promise (y)

Since last pics were taken :

Fiber glass nose cone fitted
Nose cone de-badge and fiberglassed/fillered
Back wings where the Bertone badge goes has been fiberglassed/filled
Bottom of back wings fiberglassed and fillered.

But i am still looking for very cheap wheels which will fit the x1/9.....they don't have to be overly big.....as long as they ent too small if ya get me.

Cheers(y)

Hey All :D

Sorry It's Been Soo Long Since Last Post. We Are Turning Our Hotel Into Flats And I Lost Internet (n)

But The Car Has Been Sprayed Now (y) Rosso Red.

Since Last Post I Have Brought And Fitting/Fitted:
A CSC System
Brought New Disks
Brought New Pads
New Halogen Lights

And I Have Got Some Wheels For It Aswell Now Compomotive MS Wheels Now :D 13" x 6 And 13" x 8 Just Got To Find Where I Can Buy Some 235/245 Tyres For Them.

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy Them From?

Cheers

Hi,

I've been researching wheels/tyres for my own X1/9 project and best tyres for the 13" rims seem to be
Kumho V70A details below, as posted to me by a mate of mine at DTweeks:
"215 50 r13 rim size 7"- 8" ......... good stock in all compounds
"235 45 r13 rim size 7.5"- 9" ..... good stock in all compounds.

They're blue book list 1B tyre so are OK in various competition series though not as a production tyre. They're very good though! We use them on the M3s.

Rgds
Mike

Cheers Matey.

Which Compond Would You Use For Street Use?

And As These Are 45 Aspect/Profile This Means I Need To Get 45's On The Front As Well To Keep THe Car Level Otherwise It Will Be Lifted At The Front By A Slight Bit.

I Wanna Keep To 185's, Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get These From?

Last edited:
er no...

The '45' bit is the aspect ratio, not the sidewall height. It is measured as a percentage of the tread width.

In the case of the 185's it would be 45% of 185mm.
For the 235's it would be 45% of 235mm.

As you can see the 185's would need a bigger aspect ratio to achieve the same tyre height

Try using this link to work out what tyre sizes you need: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

By my reckoning you would need 185/55r13s or 185/60r13s on the front to match 235/45r13s on the rear. Neither are a perfect match but both are close enough that you wouldn't notice the difference. The 55 aspect ratio would probably work better for you in terms of size (slightly smaller) but the 60 ratio has better availability and price with tyres more likely to match the rears in terms of grip.

Last edited:
hmm i think i should of payed more attention in my automotive class :rolleyes:

okay thanks jimbro otherwise i would of brought smaller "45" for the front as well (y)

Here are the picturecs i said i would give. Hope you like it.

Cheers :D

Attachments

• S8000359.JPG
    S8000359.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 182
  • S8000360.JPG
    S8000360.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
  • S8000361.JPG
    S8000361.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • S8000362.JPG
    S8000362.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • S8000365.JPG
    S8000365.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
Looking good Brae91

Like the colour, wish i did my in something similar rather than black but gone to far with it now

Just an update, almost ready for MOT just fitted new screen thanks neil for that,

Attachments

• SAM_0781.JPG
    SAM_0781.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • SAM_0784.JPG
    SAM_0784.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 79
Back