General Thinking of buying a Doblo

Currently reading:
General Thinking of buying a Doblo

sorry for the late reply ( been away) thanks for the advice anyway , Devon is a bit far from Newcastle though & not enough seats , anyway now looking at this tomorrow ( with my mech), just concerned about the mileage tbh , i only need it to last me about a year or so , is 224,000 to high for a dobbie ? would love you lot to tell me what you think, have spoken to the guy & he says he has all the receipts etc for the clutch, looks tidy enough ( remember its a taxi ) & he said Newcastle council are a bit more strict than North Tyneside ( who i will be plated for & is the truth) also the guy claims its had a new egr valve & bypassed the dpf so no problems with that , , so verdict :lol:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/fiat/fiat-doblo-2006/1152518907

Last edited:
discoloured coolant tank could be a sign of bodged repairs - radweld

looks generally tidy

i know nothing about cars mate, that's why i will be taking my mech, currently have a xtype on as a taxi but need a black wav for a hack plate, my mech saved me £3700 last week on a pug expert , he knows his stuff but i will run what you said by him tomorrow on the way to view,, thanks for the heads up ;-)

just a update, bought that car , runs as sweet as a nut & had all the receipts ( my mech looked at the receipts & then checked the parts , new drop links, new rear brake hubs , dpf bypassed, new egr valve, 12,000 miles ago new 3 part clutch, clutch,slave,dmf),
so , seemed honest enough, need a new timing belt, full service & a thorough valet & 4 tyres ( my mech said they were legal but only about 4 months left, might as well get them done now ) so overall seems ok, thanks for the advice on this thread lads, once its sorted will throw up some pics ;-)

Last edited:
Hi to everyone!
I would to give my experience with chiptuning. I've tried that racingbox.eu chiptuning box and i've noticed that there is an increase of torque and power (and i'm very satisfied), but also is necessary to not exceed with settings (otherwise enters the recovery mode).
Do you had similar situations?
Thanks! :)

Back