Panda 2012+ Thinking aloud

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Thinking aloud

madam yap

Surprisingly, here I am again on this Fiat site !
Judging by the responses to my initial threads, it has been an unexpectedly pleasant experience getting a 'feel' for Fiat and Fiat owners/lovers generally. A good solid bunch of unpretentious enthuiasts.
For many years I have been a secret admirer of the plucky little Fiat Panda. Due to many years of prejudice caused by the adverse reputation of both Fiat vehicles and the Dealerships, I have never owned a Fiat.
However, as I am now staring retirement in the eye, and my new financial circumstances will probably demand less expensive motoring costs, I am determined to go with a ' gut feel ' and purchase a 4 x 4 Panda, or 4 x 2 Trekking, once, with your help, I have decided on the engine and the model.
People are not all the same, and nor is their attitude to their motor cars.
To some a car is just a tool, to be used, abused, thrashed and trashed.
To others, the car itself is not as important as the message it gives to others about the owner - a status symbol, a designer lable.
A few lucky motor cars become a Family Member. Not to be mollycoddled, but loved, valued and cared for.
I am one of the latter, and although I would love to own a supercar for the sheer joy of the excellence of its engineering and the thrill of driving, without giving a hoot about what anyone else thought about it, I think I can say quite honestly that I will get as much of a kick out of driving my fully loaded Panda 4 x 4, or Trekking. Regardless of my friends looking at me sideways, and shaking their heads sadly at my perceived loss of face !
Madam Yap

That is a graet tip Deeyup, thank you, will do. Thank you also for you response to my earlier thread.

Just so you know, your other thread from the newbie section was tagged with Punto 2012, not Panda.
So that would have shown up in the Punto section as well as the newbie section, but not the 2012 Panda section.

I inadvertently select Punto 2012 using the model jump button all the time . :doh:

Last edited:
Surprisingly, here I am again on this Fiat site !
Judging by the responses to my initial threads, it has been an unexpectedly pleasant experience getting a 'feel' for Fiat and Fiat owners/lovers generally. A good solid bunch of unpretentious enthuiasts.
For many years I have been a secret admirer of the plucky little Fiat Panda. Due to many years of prejudice caused by the adverse reputation of both Fiat vehicles and the Dealerships, I have never owned a Fiat.
However, as I am now staring retirement in the eye, and my new financial circumstances will probably demand less expensive motoring costs, I am determined to go with a ' gut feel ' and purchase a 4 x 4 Panda, or 4 x 2 Trekking, once, with your help, I have decided on the engine and the model.
People are not all the same, and nor is their attitude to their motor cars.
To some a car is just a tool, to be used, abused, thrashed and trashed.
To others, the car itself is not as important as the message it gives to others about the owner - a status symbol, a designer lable.
A few lucky motor cars become a Family Member. Not to be mollycoddled, but loved, valued and cared for.
I am one of the latter, and although I would love to own a supercar for the sheer joy of the excellence of its engineering and the thrill of driving, without giving a hoot about what anyone else thought about it, I think I can say quite honestly that I will get as much of a kick out of driving my fully loaded Panda 4 x 4, or Trekking. Regardless of my friends looking at me sideways, and shaking their heads sadly at my perceived loss of face !
Madam Yap
This is my first fiat too, for very similar reasons. Roll on June :)

Back