45706_424443956490_153803_n.jpg

Seicento the little black box

Introduction

the little black box (now for sale !!)

Hello everyone,

This thread is obviously going to be all about my car, some of the images you may have seen before because i used to have a different user name but they have now been deleted so im gonna start fresh.

the main reason behind this thread is i am planning to sell this car soon, i have recently been having issues and have realised i just dont have the patience and time for the car anymore (n) i am acctually abit gutted that its come to this and ive been putting it off for a while however it has started to be come abit of a hindrence.

i plan on fixing what needs to be fixed before the car is sold and so will be documented here. but i will start with what has been done and where the car stands now

current modifications are:
- 40mm throttle body
- custom induction kit
- custom 2" centre exit stainless steel exhaust from cat to back
- 866 cam
- magnicore HT leads
- iridium spark plugs
- platin p33 wheels 6x14 with 10mm hubcentric spacers all round
- 50mm cobra springs with shortened shocks and powerflex bumpstops
- drilled breakdisks with brembo pads
- cobra clubman bucket seats and 3 point harnesses
- false floor fitted with 15" sub and vibe 1500 watt amp intergrated
- custom speaker pods with vibe black air component speakers plus custom Apillars with intergrated tweeters

45706_424443956490_153803_n.jpg
45706_424443961490_1631473_n.jpg

47792_424446971490_1049043_n.jpg
The roof liner is just covered with suade material, it's Farley easy to do if your handy. Get some material from somewhere that cuts it to your required length take the roof liner out and use it as a template to cut the shape out of the material leaving enough over the edges to fold underneath, get some decent fabric glue and start glueing a little section at a time pushing bubles to the edge. If the glue is no good there's a chance the suade will come loose with wind once it's put back on, can't remember what I use.

got some more photos. i got all new shortened shock absobers to go with my 50mm cobra springs, fitted an 866 cam and give the engine a good clean, some of these pics arent recent though. oh and i put matt black vinyl squares on my roof, because of the diference in shade rather than colour its not to lairy, love the finish :)

100_0318.jpg

561001_10150941022061491_1725752541_n.jpg
599876_10150941019176491_2057227661_n.jpg

IMG_01544.JPG
IMG_01528.JPG

IMG_01495.JPG
IMG_01554.JPG

47792_424446976490_6241793_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeh, will be I bought a GP over weekend :) I just need to fix things on it first, just waiting on parts. Il post info and pics on here as I do it then when it comes to selling il post all info about the car on here and in classifieds, won't be for a couple of weeks yet though.

Gutted it's got to go :( but I now have a GP to play with :D

hi there,

as you can see its been some time since i last posted, it seems that i dont have any time to come on here anymore :( but it has come to the point where i now need to sell the beast and what better time to do so with stanford hall round the corner :) the plan is to fix the car up and drive it down to the show to kind of show case the car for anyone that maybe interested and i will update with everything that is done from noe untill then.

i made a start the other day with the mangled door that a theife was kind enough to leave me with afew years back and my two locks that seemed to have seized (it was starting to get anoying opening the car from the passenger side everytime :bang:)

i sent the locks off to duplicut who were nice enough to sort them for me (if anyone has any issues with locks these guys are really helpful.) and i replaced the door with one i bought off ebay.

also just before the car was declaired sorn i was having major issues with my brakes and so have replaced disks, pads, shoes cylinders and master cylinder, these brakes should be like new ! fingers crossed.

i also had problems with the headlamps and the plastic clips which hold them in place, being so brittle they were in peices so the lights have been replaced too.

i now have to chenge my rusty sump, so i will update in the next few days and try and get some picks up on here too.

a little update of whats been going on the past couple of days.

i got my locks back from duplicut and re fitted them, sprayed them with a bit of lock lube and they now work a treat.

i set about changing my sump which turned out to be a bit of a bigger job than it should have been.

when i took the down pipe section of the exhaust off two of the bolts sheered on the manifold so i am now waiting on a manifold (n) but i should have one tomorrow so i can finally peice it back together, that is the last thing on the engine that needs doing now :D

whilst i changed the sump i also flushed the radiator and washed out the header tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 93
so, exhaust is now back all in one piece :D i have aslo changed the thermostat today as the old one wasn't looking to clever not to mention it was taking a while for my fan to kick in. i gave my callipers a lick of paint too so everything is almost done. oh i had to fit the old air box temporarily because it seems to fail emissions every time then i will put the induction kit back on :D

going to finish all the little mechanical things tomorrow and get ready for the m.o.t on monday. i've gotta say i am pretty damn nervous about this one, the car has been SORN for over a year now and the m.o.t just before that was just a long list of things that were wrong with the car. i have sorted all the issues now so fingers crossed i didn't miss one

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
have faith, you have worked through the problems, it will be fine! anything it can fail on now will be a quick easy fix if it does fails. On cento's i've had fail on emissions just popping in and asking them to do that first and then thrash it round the block to get the CAT really hot, its so far down the exhaust that it cools alot just idling (well everything but my turbo sei that has worked on, that actually needs twiddling done to it to pass)

i am selling, just waiting till stanford hall to gain interest, and getting it back up to scratch. it passed m.o.t :D after the brakes were bled and as for the emmisions the exhaust was blowing a little where the new cat had been fitted. feels good to be driving it again (y)

got the interior to sort out now, because i have buckets and use to use the car every day the drivers seat has some wear so i've been working on making some seat covers (will post some pics when done)

i've give my wheels a good clean and was suprised by the crap that came off the inside of the rim!!

aside from the interior i just have to tcut some areas and give it a good polishthen all is well and ready for the show :D

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg