The ecotek cb-26p valve

Currently reading:
The ecotek cb-26p valve

The ecotek cb-26p valve simulates a huge vacuum leak at high vacuum situations.
It made my fiat 500 1.2 go a lot quicker..

(Search it on google images to see one)

Has anyone else tried it??
What did you think of it?

Here is a pic of mine, (its the gold thing)
It goes on the brake booster hose and vents excess vacuum..

Attachments

• IMG20240313121024.jpg
    IMG20240313121024.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 16
I had one of those about 20 years ago, on an AX GT, apart from making a bit of noise it didn't do much else - I'm surprised you can still get them.

If I recall it was supposed to I crease turbulence in the intake manifold and better atomise air/fuel mix - I could see it being a lot more useful on a carb-fed car than EFI.

As a thought, assuming you've tapped into to the manifold (as mine was) then are you not introducing unmetered air into the intake?

Last edited:
I had one of those about 20 years ago, on an AX GT, apart from making a bit of noise it didn't do much else - I'm surprised you can still get them.

If ai recall it was supposed to I crease turbulence in the intake manifold and better atomise air/fuel mix - I could see it being a lot more useful on a carb-fed car than EFI.
🤔 It seems to work well for me bro.
When i floor it, it seems to let more air in as the revs rise above 2500rpm

Back in those days you could get far better results from a k&n and larger main jet, I ended up rebuilding the top end of my AX after the headgasket went, new cam, ported and polished head, increased compression ratio, port matched manifolds, recut valve seats and a 4-2-1 manifold... shudder to think what that would cost nowadays.

🤔 It seems to work well for me bro.
When i floor it, it seems to let more air in as the revs rise above 2500rpm
You should actually get it plugged in and see if it does let more air in vs with the valve closed - very difficult to substantiate on an older car, but with modern ecu-controlled cars it should give you a better idea - likewise on a rolling road.

With a lot of these things, if they did work as well as they claimed, you have to ask why they haven't become a standard fitment?

You should actually get it plugged in and see if it does let more air in vs with the valve closed - very difficult to substantiate on an older car, but with modern ecu-controlled cars it should give you a better idea - likewise on a rolling road.

With a lot of these things, if they did work as well as they claimed, you have to ask why they haven't become a standard fitment?
I hear they put it on rally cars bro..
They dont put it on normal cars because it needs adjusting regularly, and if it is adjusted incorrectly, the brakes wont work as good as normal. so its a safety issue.

But when its adjusted correctly, its quite badass!

I dont need a rolling road to know it is faster! I can feel it,
and i like it !!

It's very easy to be negative about a project like this, when just about all the perceived collective wisdom of the internet says that there are no easy performance gains to be had from this engine.

But I'm remembering also that just about everything new that's ever been achieved was the result of someone who refused to believe all the people who told them it couldn't be done.

Follow your dreams, and have fun!

Back