General The big breather hose

Currently reading:
General The big breather hose

Its not really big but thats what they call it. Car was not running as nice as it should so I had a look. Cleaning the throttle body helped but it was still not 100%. I noticed the thin breather pipe from the airbox to the manifold was badly craked and probably holed so decided to change it, Thankyou Fiat for the generous offer to supply at £69 +vat. A length of braided fuel hose from eBay at £3.29 has now done the job and allowed me to extend the hose so the airbox can be removed and turned over without disconnecting the hose or breaking the air box. I shall post a guide as although a simple job it was a pain to do and I ended up removing the battey for access. It does seem to have resolved the nasty starting behaviour and runs nicely now.

I shall spend my £66 saving on anything that gives nothing to Fiat. I hope they have a miserable Christmas choking on the unearned profits from their ludicrously prices spares. And this is the filtered, ammended, revised and cleaned up version of my thoughts about their GREED.

One has to ask why its a hose with a 8mm bore at one end and a 4.6mm bore at the other I know what I think!

Attachments

• Old breather hose.jpg
    Old breather hose.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 75
  • THe big breather hose 15 inches.jpg
    THe big breather hose 15 inches.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
With the throttle opened medium the high the majority of gasses goes above the throttle plate

At idle or low opening the majority goes below

It's all controlled by the engine vacuum and the pipe sizes

Back