General Test drove a Cinq today

Currently reading:
General Test drove a Cinq today

The 55s is slightly heavier than the cinq sporting and has a rubbish spec, in fact a better word would be poverty spec in comparison so no brainer which i would pick
A full blooded 100kg (15%) iirc more, which means you'll need a 60 to compete on PWR but those are heaver still...

I wasnt suggesting the 55s as an alternative.......but there is a broom yellow 1242 sporting on auto trader near me...for £850.....dont mind me im just bitter cos i wanted a cinq as a first car and ended up with an uno 45!....

usually plenty of sportings on ebay, but a bit of travelling may be required.

Ask as many questions as you can think of, and make sure the description is adequate as IMO sellers get off easy by putting minimal details about the car they are selling and then its hard to get anywhere with ebay or the seller if you need to make a complaint cos the car you bought wasnt as described.

I am always very cautious when buying a car. Viewing the Cinq in post 1 was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. I would've interrogated the seller over the phone but his english was appaling and the advert was oh-so-tempting.

Pretty much as soon as we saw the car it was a no-goer! I may look into 16v Punto Sportings a bit more though, I completely overlooked 'em.

I am always very cautious when buying a car. Viewing the Cinq in post 1 was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. I would've interrogated the seller over the phone but his english was appaling and the advert was oh-so-tempting.

Pretty much as soon as we saw the car it was a no-goer! I may look into 16v Punto Sportings a bit more though, I completely overlooked 'em.

I do like Punto's, Fuzzy...(y)

Could I get lynched on here for saying that?:devil:

Try the seicento MPI.
Drop a CAM in one, Fit a decent silencer and you wont want to stop driving.

I wanted a Panda and ended up with an Uno 45...

I wanted a Uno 45S and got a Uno 45S! :)

And I wanted a Cinq Soleil and I got a Cinq Soleil! Only problem is I wanted a Cinq Soleil Sporting, and they don't 'officially' exist. However, if I can find a damaged Sporting with good mechanics then I feel a conversion coming on :devil:

Last edited:
Back