General Test drove a Cinq today

Currently reading:
General Test drove a Cinq today

Went to Manchester today for a gander at what looked to be a decent Cinq on paper. '98 R Sporting, 31k, Imola Blue. Turned out to be a bit tatty (and definitely not worth £900!) but took it for a spin anyway. "You can only go up and down there cos there's no tax." Yep it was last taxed in 2006. :rolleyes: So that I did. Attempted a 3 point turn and the lever to engage reverse was, well, non existent. Cue dad taking the gear gaitor off and somehow managing to get it to engage.

Great.

So it wasn't a good example, but I'm not giving up just yet.

Very fooked indeed. That sounds like a fairly typical Cinq. Most of the Sportings have been ragged and it's hard to find a clean one.

Most sporty models of any older car have been ragged these days, find me a mint xr3i, astra gsi etc etc and you'll be struggling, they exist, but they don't tend to be for sale!

Emm has a very nice one in classifieds and she's very near you! :D

Keep an eye out. babz might be selling my old yellow one :cry: She wants a ****ing POLO :eek:

Ital be at the Stoke Meet regardless :p

Drop me a PM with the details if you decide to sell. :) Also I'm in Northwich at the moment, which is much closer to Manc than Stoke. Back in Stoke next week.

Edit: Yep I'd prefer a Sporting but may drive a couple of 899ers to see how they compare.

From what i remember it doesn't matter which Cinq you drive its never gonna set the road alight.....even the sporting shares a motor with the 55s punto mk1 mmmm 54bhp....tho i remember it being fairly revvy powerful it aint.....so hills will still be the enemy.....also you can pick puntos up for the same money.....

The 55s is slightly heavier than the cinq sporting and has a rubbish spec, in fact a better word would be poverty spec in comparison so no brainer which i would pick

Last edited:
Back