Taking a CD Player Out

Currently reading:
Taking a CD Player Out

hey
I recently bought a punto sporting 98 and it came with a sony cd player but it sounds rubbish as it has no bass control or anti shock and i want it out
i had my old cd player from my previous punto but cant seem to get the sony player out as it has some kind of metal thing around it ( u get it wen u buy a cd player ) and its stoping it from coming out
Dose anyone know how to get it out without causing to much damage ?
or do i need to take it to halfrauds n get them to take it out ????

:worship: :worship: please help me !!! :)

i think u have to buy some kind of adaptor thing that u stick into some holes and it removees the whole stereo but im not sure... someone comfirm this?

ah then i have no idea my firend but if it is a sony head unit, i have just bought one and that came with some sort of special tool to for removal and they are very flat so maybe look for a little slit somewhere around the headunit, and also can u take the fascia plate off?

yeh i can take the plate off il have a look when its daylight lol
but i looked easyer and couldnt see much
also i bought 6x9 and the bass was out of this world and they have been sitting in my cupboard for 4months and ive put them in and they sound ****e do u think its cos of the headunit or cos they been used then took out and ****es build up inside them ?

nah its probably because of hte headunit. if it is a cheap headunit then it may not be able to handle the RMS (i think is the term) of the 6x9's. im not 100% on this though and i dont think the speaker will have anything inside them bro

kk man no problem, im happy to help out where i can :D

Hope it all goes well for ya

if it is a cheap headunit then it may not be able to handle the RMS (i think is the term) of the 6x9's.

It's the other way around - speakers handle power - amps (including HU amps) make power.

Back