Technical Tailgate compatibility

Currently reading:
Technical Tailgate compatibility

vinnythevid

Hi there - apologies if this has been asked before - I did a quick search on this forum but no results so here goes.

Can anyone tell me if the tailgate from a 2013 punto is compatible with a 2010 car?

My boy's 2010 punto evo multi-air sporting had a tree go through the tailgate in the big storm and quickest/cheapest repair seems to be swap it for a tailgate from a breakers via ebay. I'm looking at two possibilities - one 250 miles away off a 2010 car, and one 100 miles away off a 2013 car. Both in the right paint code at about the same price. Obviously would like to avoid the longer journey if the 2013 tailgate is going to fit. They look the same on the photos but obviously that's a bit risky. I know there was a facefilt post 2012, but online sources seem to indicate that was limited to front end and in some cases interior (base spec models). Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Part numbers are not the same, but that happens even if the part is ordered from another supplier. Gates do look the same, they use the same lock, same hinges, same gasket, same cable harness, same interior fitting, same lock button, i would be very surprised if they have even a minor difference..

I went for the 2011 one in the end - fits perfectly. When I checked postcodes there’s was only about 100 miles in it round trip, and it meant I could visit sprog the younger when picking it up….

Back