Technical Swift motorhome rear led lights

Currently reading:
Technical Swift motorhome rear led lights

Harrybex

Hi I have a 2017 swift escape 684 motorhome on a Fiat ducato chassis
Over the winter I went to start it an the battery would only just turn it over so I purchased a new battery same make
Fitted the battery and started the engine everything looked ok checking all the lights
To my surprise the lower part of both the rear led lights remain on
Have you guys any suggestions to what the fault is?

Is it the same as these? What is the normal function of the lower portion of the cluster e.g. fog lights?

Attachments

• a2fc269b1cef4369a3764115fa8f4904.jpg
    a2fc269b1cef4369a3764115fa8f4904.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 19
Yes this is the problem the lights stay on all the time when everything is turned off
The fog lights and indeed any of the lights are ultimately switched by the Body Control Module on receipt of the correct input from the lamp switch. If you have confirmed that it is the rear fog lights that are on permanently then my guess is the BCM is switching the output through despite the fog lamp switch not being operated. I also think they should only operate if the ignition is on.

Yes I agree the mh is fitted with a Sargent vlm -5 but still cannot get just changing the battery should cause this problem

Changing the battery using the incorrect procedure can cause all sorts of problems.
In the drivers hand book details the correct procedure.

The vehicle has to put in a condition so all the ecus shut down correctly and are given time to shut down before the battery disconnected.

Yes indeed
You should shut all the doors and wait a minute to allow the computer to shut down before disconnecting the battery
Otherwise its like pulling the plug on a home computer without shutting it down first - most times you will get away with it, but if you are unlucky it will crash.
Worth a try disconnecting the battery as per the instructions in the manual, then reconnecting it.
As in shutting down a home PC and starting it up again often clears the fault - because its starting with a clean sheet.

Back