Technical suspension issue

Currently reading:
Technical suspension issue

Hi guys

Basically a previous owner to my car has cut the springs to give it a lower look even though it makes the car look really nice ive noticed that it starts to twitch at higher speeds round corners and ive decided to replace the lot wit proper shock and spring kit my only issue is what make to got for?:confused: ive seen this kit

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=2979

Which im very tempted to get but just wanted your opinions and advice if the kit is worht it or if there is something better.

On 15s it'll look like this..

DSC000724.JPG

ok thanks i have to say i love the way ur sedi looks with the black alloys thats what i had planned for mine but unfortunately i had to let it go as i couldnt afford it but its gone to someone i know who will look after it (wont you besbie?)

Hmm so what else could I tell you about that bilstein kit?

The paint finish looked a little thin in places on the shocks. I gave them a good painting with metal paint (hammerite) before fitting. Fitting was pretty easy, would nearly get away without spring compressors. Stick some heat-shrink tubing over the bottom coils to help prevent corrosion while it's sitting in water/mud?

The springs and shocks result in a very stiff stance. The car pretty much doesn't move when I get in. The very stiff rears make the back end behave itself nicely. Lack of adjustment though means the ride is take it or leave it.

ok thanks i have to say i love the way ur sedi looks with the black alloys thats what i had planned for mine but unfortunately i had to let it go as i couldnt afford it but its gone to someone i know who will look after it (wont you besbie?)

who:p it's going good so far at least, just waiting for some posh stuff to give it a good clean with, the leak still needs to be sorted too. MoT soon, so so-far it's being looked after.;) get to start driving it again tomorrow:slayer:

In all honesty i cant tell you alot about the suspension on the car at the moment apart from the springs bein cut to make it lower (which to me is just a bodge job) but think im definately gonna go wit the bilstein kit i showed u on the link from the first thread

Also do you think there would be any problems with the kit bein listed upto a 95 model when mine is a 96? i shouldnt think it would be

Last edited:
Hellcat - your car looks very cool!! Thanks for your opinions hopefully it will help Gareth make his mind up - I dont think a hard setting will be a problem. I must also tell my boy to stop typing in "text"!!!!!!!!!!To complicated for us oldies.......

Back