General SuperSprint

Currently reading:
General SuperSprint

I've found halfords to be the cheapest for a supersprint backbox. Mine cost £190 delivered to the store ( plus £5 cashback available, and any other discounts you can get hold of ;))

I did find the backbox itself was too long so the garage had to chop off a bit off the middle pipe. Was quite easy to do, and should cost roughly £20-40 to fit.

Other option is to get the supersprint centre section which is £100+ for a direct fit. I just got a backbox as that's all I can afford now.

Don't know about performance yet, but will find out of the 24th during the red dot RR

I've got a mk2 1.2 16v btw

Sooo if I get these too its gonna sounds the nuts??

814905.jpg
plus
814403.jpg

?????????????????????

No, supersprint is for performance not noise. You will get a bit of a rumble from it but nothing to shout about. If you just want noise then go to powerflow and get them to make you an exhaust.

The only manifold that will fit on a mk2/b is one from the mk1 1.2 8v. To get it to fit you will need to get a custom mounting bracket made up otherwise it will crack the manifold as it moves around and you will also need to get a sports cat welded into it otherwise you will loose power. So add al those costs up = pointless on an 8v.

Manchester... its not just noise i want to be fair id like a more sporty sound than ****ty roar u knw wot i mean

Last edited:
There are videos of the supersprint on my sporting here somewhere.
They sound nice, really subtle when not pushing on but when you open the throttle fully it goes nuts and comes alive!!!

Last edited:
I watched it last night tht's what made me want one haha how much did your system cost m8???

Yes but if he isnt bothered about an increase in power then its pointless spending the money on a SS. If he finds a good custom exhaust place then he will be fine if they build it properly.

Back