General Sunroof

Currently reading:
General Sunroof

Rai

Hello all, i am a couple of months away from buying a fiat and i am a bit stuck. Were there many Ye Ye Green's made with an opening sunroof? I saw the colour a few years ago and fell in love...ideally i would love it in a soft top, but have been told that none were made, is that correct? cheers.

yes that's correct, ye ye was discontinued prior to the C been launched so your only chance would be to find one for sale with a sunroof and the chances of that are fairly slim I reckon

Thanks for your quick response. It's dawning on me i need to have a re think. I gather having a sunroof was an expensive option. Was it only an option only on the lounge? Do you think i would have more chance with a soft top or sunroof with the Cha Cha Blue? Thank you.

Thanks for your quick response. It's dawning on me i need to have a re think. I gather having a sunroof was an expensive option. Was it only an option only on the lounge? Do you think i would have more chance with a soft top or sunroof with the Cha Cha Blue? Thank you.

Fixed glass roof is standard with the Lounge, opening or fixed sunroof is an option on other models. I 'd say you'd pick up a cha cha Lounge handy enough but it will most likely have the standard fixed roof unless it was fitted with an opening one as a special order. If you're in to open top driving then the C is probably your best option.

Last edited:

No one is going to know exact numbers, but Ye Ye was a pretty unpopular colour and due to the sunroof being an expensive and fairly uncommon option, there will be between 0 and not very many Ye Ye green 500's with the opening sunroof.

Thanks for your help, i suspected as much... i am quite torn now. I know i would really enjoy the soft top, but my heart says Ye Ye green. If i did go for one i would like to make it a bit different. Maybe some stripes..I think the 500 looks great with an A Bar (correct name)? Maybe lowered a bit, if i can talk my sexy mechanic (OH) into it:) I'm all for the individual look, but don't want to overdo it, what are others doing with theirs? Thanks.

Thanks for your help, i suspected as much... i am quite torn now. I know i would really enjoy the soft top, but my heart says Ye Ye green. If i did go for one i would like to make it a bit different. Maybe some stripes..I think the 500 looks great with an A Bar (correct name)? Maybe lowered a bit, if i can talk my sexy mechanic (OH) into it:) I'm all for the individual look, but don't want to overdo it, what are others doing with theirs? Thanks.
TBH I think the A bar just looks OTT. Leave it at the standard lounge chrome kit, the A bar or the bonnet strip is just trying too hard tbh.

Thank you for your honesty...i'm going back to the drawing board...who thought it would be so difficult. They come in black don't they? Lol

Thank you for your honesty...i'm going back to the drawing board...who thought it would be so difficult. They come in black don't they? Lol
Go for condition over colour :)

Personally I feel that people are missing the point of the 500 if they feel the need to have one in a colour that went out of fashion 50 years ago and want to slather it in really cheap chrome.

Pop any other badge on the back of a 500 and it would be considered a thoroughly decent modern car :)

Buy the car that you want, other people's opinion of colour and extras is their own, and they can apply that to the cars they buy :) personally I love the chrome bonnet strip, but you aren't buying me a car (unfortunately!!)

Enjoy whatever you decide :)

Back