General sunroof, and cover

Currently reading:
General sunroof, and cover

When I got my cinq back in december, and doing the usual boot clearout from the last owner, I came across a grey panel, a bit scuffed and grubby, I thought "that be great for kneeling on etc" and chucked it in the shed

today, I was having a look at my sunroof, as it sticks up around 5mm more at the back, peering up from inside the car I noticed the two clips near the front, "I wonder what those are for" I wondered.

Then it clicked, perhaps the grey panel was a cover? and it has matching clips to attach it? so a quick gander in the shed revealed it was, the panel also has a screw type fitting too that looks like it needs a coin to attach/undo.

So now I have a grubby panel in need of cleaning, and straightening a bit too!!

Now I go on to wonder, are the rubber straps attached to the rear of the back seat there to keep this panel? or are they for holding the rear shelf when not in use? - thats what I been using them for anyway!!

Do these sunroof panels go missing during Cinq ownership? Am I lucky to still have it?

I still have my sunroof cover, I don't know if they're rare or not though. I used to put it behind the rubber straps in the boot but I soon moved it because it got on my nerves every time the plastic fixings on the sunrof cover knocked against the metal seat-back in the boot. It wasn't held very securely in that position so it's under the floor in the boot now. :)

Back