Technical Sump bolt hole query

Currently reading:
Technical Sump bolt hole query

R3PSM

Hi All,

Sump needs doing on my brothers punto, dont have the car currently or this would be easy.. seems there is 2 sumps with different sized holes

How do I know if the car is 8 mm or 10mm holes, reg is AF04BCZ if that helps anyone

Cheers

James

New sump PAN.. Bolt sizes

To be honest.. I THINK early were 5mm holes.. by 2003/4 probably bigger @6

People say it doesnt cause great issues..
They buy Ebay sumps that are 6mm

its the goo that holds it in place.. bolts are just for alignment

Info here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/miscellaneous-guides/142607-oil-sump-replacement.html?p=4524149

Last edited:
Before fitting give the new sump a few coats of anti rust/metal paint. Especially so as these sumps tend to be not be up to much in paint finish. Worth doing in my book. (y)

Hi not sure what year your punto is by reg but if the sump looks right it will be fine ,
As above a few coats of extra paint worth it maybe after fitting to save time , the sealing paste most important however I used Granville black sealant and it’s been fine no problems or leaks , don’t use anything that stays soft and doesn’t fully harden . The mating surface your putting your new sump to needs to be totally clean and oil free . Remove the pickup and clean it out in petrol while your there and avoid hitting it with sealant offering up new sump . Good luck

Last edited:
Back